ACS AET62 NFC Reader with Fingerprint Sensor
ACS Smard card reader with fingerprint sensor brings to the market effortless user convenience.
Combining the core of ACS' ACR122U Near Field Communication (NFC) Reader and Authentec's swipe fingerprint sensor, the AET62 NFC Reader with Fingerprint Sensor makes integration of secure biometric authentication simple and exchange of information intuitive. With its ergonomic design, it makes fingerprint and contactless card authentication hassle-free.
AET62 elevates security and flexibility for contactless applications by:
- Three-Factor-Authentication: Requiring of a user something he has (smart card), something he knows (PIN/password) and something he is (fingerprint), before enabling any transaction
- Match-On-Device: Limiting fingerprint template extraction and matching to itself, preventing security attacks associated with PCs
- Simple Fingerprint System : Doing away with databases, servers or network connectivity. Instead, fingerprint templates are stored and encrypted in the smart card.
- Complete local-site authentication; Limiting required components for operation into three only (local PC/remote server applications, contactless smart cards, and the AET62). Thus, even developers without an in-depth knowledge of biometrics can integrate fingerprint authentication into smart card-based applications.
- Security Enhancement : Provision of an optional secure access module (SAM) and support for third-party algorithms
- Integrated fingerprint scanner and 13.56 MHz contactless (RFID/NFC) smart card reader
- Full-speed USB interface
- Encrypted fingerprint template stored inside smart card
- AET62 NFC Contactless smart card reader:
- Compliant with PC/SC and CCID specifications
- Read/write speed up to 424 kbps
- Built-in antenna for contactless tag access, with reading distance of up to 30 mm (depending on tag type)
- Supports ISO 14443 Type A and B, Mifare, FeliCa, and all 4 types of NFC (ISO/IEC 18092) tags
- Supports new MiFare Ultralight C, Plus SL1 (4 Byte UID), Plus SL3, and DESFire EV1
- Supports all 3 modes of NFC: reader, card emulation and peer-to-peer
- Built-in anti-collision feature (only one tag can be accessed at any time)
- ISO 7816 Compliant SAM Slot (Upon request)
- Fingerprint scanner:
- Match-on reader: Template extraction and matching algorithms run within the device itself, not in the PC (Using default fingerprint algorithm)
- UPEK TCS4-TCD50 swipe fingerprint sensor
- Swipe speed: up to 40 cm/sec (15 in/sec)
- Active sensor size: 9.6 mm x 0.2 mm
- High-resolution 508 DPI
- Array size: 192 x 4 pixels
- Supports image optimization and filtering
- Utilizes CMOS active capacitive pixel-sensing technology, resulting to high-quality fingerprint images in any environment
- Compliant with BioAPI 1.1 specification and Windows Biometric Framework
- Supports several fingerprint algorithms such as Authentec and other 3rd-Party Algorithms.